- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- NC Wine Festival
- Salute! The NC Wine Celebration
- Twin City Ribfest
- Music Academy of the American South
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Winston-Salem Air Show
- Rock the Block
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Six Days in November
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- Special Offers
- Events Calendar
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Arts & Events Marketing Assistance
Visit Winston-Salem allocates up to two percent of its occupancy tax appropriation from its adopted annual budget for support of arts, culture, local festivals and events. The theme and focus of local events applying for funds must be consistent with the Visit Winston-Salem mission and marketing strategies. The funds are used to enhance the event’s external advertising, marketing and promotional efforts while supporting Visit Winston-Salem’s destination branding strategy. Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Forsyth County Tourism Development Authority Marketing Committee. This committee is comprised of four Tourism Development Authority members, a representative from the Forsyth County Tourism Alliance, Association of Visitor Attractions (AVA) and the Arts Council.
- Marketing must support the Visit Winston-Salem mission and marketing strategies
- Marketability of the event to generate visitors from outside Winston-Salem/Forsyth County
- Dollars may only be spent for advertising, marketing and promotion outside of Forsyth County
- Must include partnering/packaging with at least one Forsyth County hotel property to ensure generation of hotel room nights
- Must include a research component to track attendance (and demographic information)
- Funds are reimbursement only
- When an arts/local event generates more than 1,000 hotel room nights, they may be considered for Visit Winston-Salem's Convention and Sales Support (CSS) funding
- Friday, February 1, – AEMA applications and procedures are on-line.
- Wednesday, February 27 @ 8:30 a.m. – AEMA Workshop & Guest Speaker(Chris Cavanaugh, president and founder of Magellan Strategy Group) at the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts/Reynolds Place.
- Friday, April 5 – Applications Submission Deadline – Ten (10) copies delivered to Visit Winston-Salem Offices/Visitors Center – 200 Brookstown Avenue no later than noon.
- Tuesday, June 18 @ 2 p.m. – TDA Board Meeting – AEMA funding recommendations reviewed/approved by TDA Board; funding announced via on-line and e-mail to all applicants; media advisory issued within 24 hours of e-mail notification.
Application and Guidelines
For additional information, please contact Marcheta Cole Keefer, Visit Winston-Salem's director of marketing & communications. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336.728.4211.
2013 PowerPoint Presentation
On Wednesday, February 27, Chris Cavanaugh spoke at the Arts & Events Marketing Assistance Workshop. Click here to view his PowerPoint presentation.