Autumn in Old Salem is a season for the senses! See the spectacular fall foliage, taste the heirloom vegetables harvested fresh from the historic gardens, and enjoy hands-on activities such as shelling corn cobs or pumpkin carving. Stay at the Historic Brookstown Inn, conveniently located in downtown Winston-Salem just a half-mile from the Old Salem Visitor Center.
A 1766 Moravian settlement, Old Salem Museums & Gardens invites visitors for an immersive experience into the historic traditions and trades of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Help the potter in his shop, or practice your needlework with hands-on quilting demos in the John Vogler House. Find freshly baked breads, pastries, and the ever-popular Moravian sugar cakes. Built in 1800, Winkler Bakery is one of the oldest operating bakeries in the country.
At St. Philips African Moravian Church, discover the significant contributions of African-Americans living in Salem, some of which lived and worked as freedmen in the early 1800s. To learn more about this history, check out Old Salem’s Hidden Town Project at http://www.oldsalem.org/learn/town-of-salem/hidden-town-project/.
- Overnight accommodations at the Historic Brookstown Inn
- Two Adult “All-in-One” admission tickets to Old Salem Museums & Gardens including the Historic Town of Salem, the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA), and the Gardens of Old Salem*
- Welcome gift: Mrs. Hanes’ Moravian Cookies and $10 Gift Card to Camino Bakery (neighboring hotel) — try their pumpkin spice latte!
- Evening wine & cheese receptions featuring North Carolina wineries
- Freshly baked cookies and milk at bedtime
- Complimentary hot Southern breakfast
- Complimentary wireless internet and on-site parking
Package pricing starts at $195 plus tax
Call (336) 725-1120 or book online at https://reservations.travelclick.com/10147?ProdID=682735&LanguageID=1#/guestsandrooms.
Terms and conditions: *Student admission can be added to this package. Old Salem Museums & Gardens is closed on Monday’s. Blackout dates may apply. Your reservation must be cancelled or modified by 3 p.m. EST at least 24 hours prior to your arrival date or you will be charged for the first night room, including tax.
For hours of operation and more information about Old Salem Museums & Gardens visit http://www.oldsalem.org/.
For more about experiencing Fall in Winston-Salem, visit http://visitwinstonsalem.com/fall/?fullsite.
Package available September 1 through November 13, 2018.