- About Winston-Salem
- Past, Present, Future
- Temperature / Weather
- Colleges / Universities
- Hospitals / Medical
- Relocating Here
- Visitor Guide
- Maps & Directions
- Winston-Salem CVB
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Winston-Salem Open
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors (CANCELLED)
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Carolina Classic Fair
- Gears & Guitars
- Pride Festival and Parade (2020 CANCELLED)
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- The Nutcracker
- Festival of Lights
- RiverRun International Film Festival- (2020 CANCELLED)
- NC Wine Festival (2020 CANCELLED)
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
The Winston-Salem Dash (April 11 - August 29, 2019)
The Winston-Salem Dash, a Class-A Advanced minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, steps up to the plate for their 10th season Thursday, April 11. Cheer on the Dash at the award-winning BB&T Ballpark in downtown Winston-Salem. This game marks the first of a four-game set against the Potomac Nationals through April 14.
Beyond the Bat: BB&T Ballpark Offers Fun for the Whole Family
Check Out the Complete List of Special Events & Promotions this Season:
Pups in the Park Thursdays: For 10 Thursday home games (April 11, May 2, May 9, May 23, May 30, June 6, June 20, July 18, August 1 and August 29), fans can bring their furry friends to the ballpark. Lawn seats are only $8, and "Pooch Passes" are $5, with proceeds benefitting an animal-related charity.
Thirsty Thursday: Select beers are available for just $1 through the seventh inning. Discounts on soft drinks are also available.
Fireworks Fridays: Catch the Dash at any Friday night home game and enjoy the fireworks show immediately following. Fireworks will also follow the Fourth of July home game Thursday, July 4.
Family Sunday: Presented by Lowes Foods. Hot dogs and sodas are just $1 each through the first inning. Also, meet some of the Dash players in the concourse before the game to get an autograph.
Kids Run the Bases: Kids are invited to run the bases after all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games.
All-You-Can-Eat for Free Nights: At every Monday game fans enjoy free hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers through the seventh inning. Normal ticket prices apply.
Chick-Fil-A Four Pack Nights: On select Saturdays this season (April 14, May 2, June 23, June 16, July 7, and August 18), the Dash and Chick-Fil-A at Thruway are teaming up to offer fans one of the best entertainment deals of the summer. For as low as $32, fans receive four tickets to the game, along with four Dash hats and four Original Chicken Sandwich Vouchers, redeemable at the Chick-Fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center. This deal must be purchased in advance. Learn more here.
Live Music Saturdays: Every Saturday home contest will feature a local band performing on the patio prior to the game.
- Latin American Jersey Day: The Dash is celebrating their local Latin American community by wearing Rayados jerseys for five games as part of Minor League Baseball’s “Copa de la Diversión”, or “Fun Cup,” initiative. “Rayados,” which translates to “the Striped Ones,” is born out of a collaboration with the baseball team and the Hispanic League of Winston-Salem. These dates are April 14, May 2, June 23, July 7 and August 18.
Dash Over to the Concessions for Local Food & Craft Beer
Create your own beer pairing with a Foothills IPA and mile-high burger from Small Batch located in downtown Winston-Salem. Don't forget to finish it off with a hand-spun milkshake or warm Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which was founded right here in Winston-Salem. Other culinary offerings in the ballpark include Kona Hawaiian ice, Lowes Foods' sausage works, pizza, flavored popcorns, and more.
Season and single-game tickets are on sale now. Fans can call (336) 714-2287 or click here to purchase their tickets for the 2019 season.
Parking & Directions
The 1.2-mile stretch of Business 40 that runs through downtown Winston-Salem is closed for improvements, though it is still easy for game fans to access the ballpark. See below for routes:
- From the North: Merge onto US-52 S. Take Martin Luther King Dr. and take a left onto Marshall St. until you get to Fifth St. and take a right. Follow Fifth St. to Broad St. and take a left. Take the Broad St. entrance on the right into the ballpark.
- From the East (from Business 40 Westbound): Merge onto US-52 S. Take Research Pkwy exit. Turn right onto Research Pkwy. Turn left onto City Yard Dr. then continue on to Salem Ave. Take a right on Broad St. then crossover Business 40 Bridge. Take the Broad St. entrance on the left into the ballpark.
- From the West: Merge onto I-40 E. Merge onto Business 40 E/US 421 S will come to an end at the Peters Creek Pkwy Exit, Exit 5A. Take Peters Creek Pkwy Exit and turn right at the light. Follow Peters Creek to Broad St. and take a right. Crossover First St. and then take the Broad St. entrance on the right into the ballpark.
- From the South: Merge onto US-52 N. Merge onto I-40 W via Exit 109B. Take Peters Creek Pkwy exit, Exit 192. Turn left onto Peters Creek Pkwy for three miles. Take a right on Broad St. and crossover First St. Take Broad St. entrance on the right into the ballpark.
Downtown Dash Shuttle
The Downtown Dash Shuttle is available for all Thursday, Friday and Saturday Dash games. The shuttle runs from 30 minutes before the game to 30 minutes after the game. The Center City West Garage, located on Fourth Street, offers free parking on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The Dash shuttle picks up at the garage, providing fans access to safe, free parking and a free shuttle to the game.