- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Pride Festival and Parade
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- NC Wine Festival
- Gears & Guitars
- Texas Pete Spirits of Summer
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
The Nutcracker: December 13-22, 2019
For nearly 50 years the first public music conservatory in the country has brought nationally prominent faculty, UNCSA students and icons of the American Ballet Theatre together for the stirring holiday event at the historic 1929 Stevens Center. Experience the lush score, vivid staging, and magnificent performances that have made UNCSA's The Nutcracker a holiday tradition in Winston-Salem.
For the first time guest conductor, Karin Hendrickson will conduct UNCSA’s popular annual tradition for several performances Dec. 13-22, 2019. She is an associate artist at Sage Gateshead and assistant conductor of the Royal Northern Sinfonia. Hendrickson trained at the Peabody Conservatory and the Royal Academy of Music in London.
Ranked the 6th best drama school in the world by The Hollywood Reporter, UNCSA's production is a collaborative effort of three UNCSA schools - Dance, Design & Production, and Music; and features the largest Nutcracker orchestra in the Triad. Hollywood Reporter also ranked the Costume Design Program of the School of Design and Production among the Top 10 of its kind.
2019 Performance Schedule - December 13-22
- Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13 and 14; 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 14 and 15; 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Dec. 18 -21; 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 21 and 22; 2 p.m.
Tickets not yet on sale. Check back later.
Call UNCSA Box Office at 336-721-1945. To learn more about the performance visit, UNCSA.edu.