- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Pride Festival and Parade
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- NC Wine Festival
- Gears & Guitars
- Texas Pete Spirits of Summer
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Special Offer: Multiple Locations
Multiple Locations : 2019 Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors
September 05 2019 - September 08 2019
Go Behind the Pages with a Getaway Weekend at the 2019 Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors September 5 - 8. The largest annual book festival in the Carolinas, Bookmarks is comprised of four days chock-full of downtown events inviting festival-goers to interact and share with award-winning authors from across the country. The day-long Saturday event is centered in the heart of downtown along Spruce Street in front of the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts, and at the Bookmarks bookstore location on bustling Fourth Street.
For the full festival experience, book your stay at the Historic Brookstown Inn nestled in downtown Winston-Salem just blocks from all of the festival action. The 1832 textile mill now invites guests for a charming getaway experience complete with nightly wine and cheese receptions, milk and cookies each evening, and fresh, hot Southern breakfast each morning.
- Two Nights’ Accommodations at the Historic Brookstown Inn (Available September 5 - 8, 2018)*
- $50 Gift certificate to Bookmarks bookstore
- Two meal vouchers for food trucks to be redeemed at the free day-festival Saturday, Sept. 7.
- Bookmarks tote with a bottle of Raffaldini Vineyards Wine (local Yadkin Valley vineyard), festival T-shirt, Bookmarks umbrella, Moravian cookies, and more.
Hotel Amenities Include:
- Daily hot Southern breakfast
- Nightly wine and cheese reception in the Cotton Mill Lounge
- Cookies and milk at bedtime
- Free Parking within easy walking distance to Festival site
Bookmarks Package rate: $350 based on two-night stay. (A $600 value!)
Call the Historic Brookstown Inn at (336) 725-1120 or reserve online here: https://reservations.travelclick.com/10147?ProdID=578028&LanguageID=1#/guestsandrooms
For more information on the event including full festival schedule and keynote authors, go to http://visitwinstonsalem.com/special-events/view/bookmarks-festival-of-books-and-authors/?fullsite.
*Book a third night and save 10%!
To get turn-by-turn directions to this place, simply type in the address you'll be leaving from and click the submit button below.