- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- NC Wine Festival
- Gears & Guitars
- Texas Pete Spirits of Summer
- Twin City Ribfest
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Pride Festival and Parade
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Special Offer: Multiple Locations
Multiple Locations : Dorothea Lange’s America Living and Learning Package
September 14 2018 - December 30 2018
Fall in love with art, history, and architecture when you book a stay at the historic Graylyn Estate. The 1932 home of Bowman Gray, former president of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, and wife, Nathalie, Graylyn is the second largest private home in North Carolina and a stellar display of Norman Revival-style architecture.
Neighboring Graylyn is Reynolda House Museum of American Art, the 1917 estate of R.J. Reynolds and visionary wife, Katharine. The home-turned-American Art Museum just celebrated its Centennial anniversary and is kicking off the second century of Reynolda with “Reynolda Revealed,” a never-before-seen look behind the scenes into the history of the Reynolds estate through archival photographs and personal stories from Reynolds descendants and workers of the estate. Opening Fall 2018 is “Dorthea Lange’s America” on display September 14 - December 30, 2018.
About the exhibition: The Great Depression was the catalyst for a tremendous surge of creative energy in America’s photographic community. Beginning Fall 2018, Reynolda House Museum of American Art presents Dorothea Lange’s America, a focused exhibition of original lifetime prints by the legendary documentary photographer.
While visiting Reynolda, stroll the adjacent gardens and original 1913 greenhouse, and shop the boutiques, galleries and restaurants that occupy the estate’s original support buildings in Reynolda Village.
Your Graylyn Estate Getaway Package includes:
- Overnight Accommodations
- Dorothea Lange’s America catalog
- $75 Food and Beverage Credit for Dinner at Graylyn
- Full Buffet Breakfast
- Personal Butler Tour of Graylyn Estate
- Complimentary Graylyn shuttle service to Reynolda Village
- Admission for two to Reynolda House Museum of American Art*
- Complimentary onsite parking and wireless internet
- Mrs. Gray’s Butterscotch Cookies served every afternoon and ice cream celebrating Mr. Gray’s love for ice cream served all day, complimentary to Graylyn guests.
Package available September 14 – December 30, 2018.
Rates Starting at $399.
To book now, call 800.472.9596.
To get turn-by-turn directions to this place, simply type in the address you'll be leaving from and click the submit button below.