- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Winston-Salem Open (POSTPONED UNTIL 2021)
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors (2020 CANCELLED)
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Carolina Classic Fair
- Gears & Guitars
- Pride Festival and Parade (2020 CANCELLED)
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- The Nutcracker
- Festival of Lights
- RiverRun International Film Festival- (2020 CANCELLED)
- NC Wine Festival (2020 CANCELLED)
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
CNN features The Kimpton Cardinal Hotel
Winston-Salem's Kimpton Cardinal Hotel is among CNN's "8 new hotels with surprising past lives." The Cardinal is North Carolina's very first Kimpton property and is housed in the historic R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company headquarters. The 1929 art deco building is also the architectural muse for New York City's Empire State Building.
"In the hotel lobby, matchstick art and a cigarette machine that now dispenses small pieces of local art nod to the building's past."
Officially opened in May 2016, The Cardinal touts an impressive French brasserie called "The Katharine," named after the Reynolds matriarch, along with 174 guest rooms, basketball court, bowling alley and adult-sized spiral slide.
Read the CNN coverage of The Kimpton Cardinal hotel in its entirety at CNN online: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/31/hotels/new-hotels-past-lives-adaptive-reuse/index.html
For seasonal Kimpton Cardinal Hotel packages, go to https://visitwinstonsalem.com/special-packages.