- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Winston-Salem Open (POSTPONED UNTIL 2021)
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors (2020 CANCELLED)
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Carolina Classic Fair
- Gears & Guitars
- Pride Festival and Parade (2020 CANCELLED)
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- The Nutcracker
- Festival of Lights
- RiverRun International Film Festival- (2020 CANCELLED)
- NC Wine Festival (2020 CANCELLED)
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Kimpton Hotel Says Hello to “The Dash” City of Winston-Salem
Kimpton Hotel will soon be bringing the "suite life" to downtown Winston-Salem. The luxury boutique hotel brand has just purchased the historic Reynolds building in downtown Winston-Salem and is opening their first North Carolina property in our city. The 211-room (175 guest rooms and 36 suites) boutique hotel will occupy the building that was also the blueprint for the Empire State Building in New York City, NY. The hotel and a restaurant will occupy the first six floors with luxury rental units above.
The project is expected to be completed by February 2016 and will open in a burgeoning area of downtown with close neighbors including Wake Forest Innovation Quarter.
Kimpton recently posted to their online blog, "Life is Suite," about the move to Winston-Salem. Below is an excerpt from that blog post.
"We have a new project on the boards and it’s smoking hot. Winston-Salem, NC, is the newest addition to the Kimpton family, with a project slated to open in 2015. And it’s set in one of the city’s most iconic structures, the R.J. Reynolds Building." - Mark Hiss, Blog Manager
To continue reading click here.