- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Winston-Salem Open (POSTPONED UNTIL 2021)
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors (2020 CANCELLED)
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Carolina Classic Fair
- Gears & Guitars
- Pride Festival and Parade (2020 CANCELLED)
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- The Nutcracker
- Festival of Lights
- RiverRun International Film Festival- (2020 CANCELLED)
- NC Wine Festival (2020 CANCELLED)
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Six Unique Stops on a North Carolina Road Trip
Upon visiting North Carolina while on a journey along US 1, travel journalist Ella Buchan spent time in Winston-Salem and a few of our nearby wineries. Buchan recently published a travel piece for Travel With A Mate online travel site sharing her Top Six Unique Stops in North Carolina. Of those six, three are centered in and around Winston-Salem!
Check out which stops she chose to highlight and consider using her experience as a helpful guide when planning your next trip to Winston-Salem.
"...Head 20 minutes south down the US-52 for more wine and a chance to hang out with baby llamas at Divine Llama Vineyards. And adult llamas – around 60 of the camelids roam, groan and watch visitors here with curious, spidery-lashed eyes...
...Half an hour south, Winston-Salem is a charming blend of old and new. A vibrant arts and culinary scene has sprouted from its Moravian roots – the protestant missionaries settled here 250 years ago."
Read the article online in its entirety here: http://www.travelwithamate.com/6-unique-stops-north-carolina-road-trip/