- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Winston-Salem Open (POSTPONED UNTIL 2021)
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors (2020 CANCELLED)
- Hispanic League's Fiesta Festival
- Carolina Classic Fair
- Gears & Guitars
- Pride Festival and Parade (2020 CANCELLED)
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- The Nutcracker
- Festival of Lights
- RiverRun International Film Festival- (2020 CANCELLED)
- NC Wine Festival (2020 CANCELLED)
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Southern Style Brunch Highlighted in Our State Magazine
Winston-Salem is a city of pairings. It's what our infamous dash represents. Whether it's a wine paring dinner, a beer pairing or the quintessential pairing of breakfast and lunch, Winston-Salem has nailed just about every pairing there is. Our State contributor and foodie Jill Warren Lucas shares her sweet and savory dining experience at two of downtown Winston-Salem's hot-stop eateries for brunch, Mary's Gourmet Diner and Sweet Potatoes (well shut my mouth!!) a Restaurant.
The two restaurants house some of the best local chefs in the area and are well worth the common Sunday afternoon wait.
Below is an excerpt from Lucas' article "Brunch in Winston-Salem: Sweet Potatoes & Mary’s Gourment Diner," on OurState.com, the online publication for Our State Magazine.
"While most business are dark, the hungry are seeking brunch in Winston-Salem. They flock to Trade Street for the kind of down-home, hearty and indulgent fare you can only justify once a week. But oh, it’s so worth it." - Jill Warren Lucas, founder and author of Eating My Words Blog and contributor to Our State Magazine.