- About Winston-Salem
- What to Do
- Events Calendar
- Special Offers
- Nightlife / Entertainment
- Special Events
- Piedmont Craftsmen's Fair
- Festival of Lights
- The Nutcracker
- RiverRun International Film Festival
- NC Wine Festival
- Gears & Guitars
- Texas Pete Spirits of Summer
- Twin City Ribfest
- National Black Theatre Festival
- Winston-Salem Open
- Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors
- Dixie Classic Fair
- Pride Festival and Parade
- Order a Visitor Guide
- Where to Stay
- Getting Here
Arts & Events Marketing Assistance
Visit Winston-Salem allocates up to two percent of its occupancy tax appropriation from its adopted annual budget for support of arts, culture, local festivals and events. The theme and focus of local events applying for funds must be consistent with the Visit Winston-Salem mission and marketing strategies. The funds are used to enhance the event’s external advertising, marketing and promotional efforts while supporting Visit Winston-Salem’s destination branding strategy. Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Forsyth County Tourism Development Authority Marketing Committee. This committee is comprised of four Tourism Development Authority members, a representative from the Forsyth County Hotel Association, Association of Visitor Attractions (AVA) and the Arts Council.
- Marketing must support the Visit Winston-Salem mission and marketing strategies. To see a copy of the executive summary of our marketing & sales plan for the 2018-19 click here or to learn more about the visitor research we have conducted, click here.
- Marketability of the event to generate overnight visitors from outside Winston-Salem/Forsyth County
- Dollars may only be spent for advertising, marketing and promotions outside of Forsyth County and in top visitor feeder markets
- Must include partnering/packaging with at least one Forsyth County hotel property to ensure generation of hotel room nights
- Must include a research component to track attendance (and demographic information) and historic research showing data/results
- Funds are reimbursement only
- When an arts/local event generates more than 1,000 hotel room nights, they may be considered for Visit Winston-Salem's Convention and Sales Support (CSS) funding
- Submissions must be formatted to correspond to and be in alignment with the application outline
- Marketing details and media buy/placement supporting your event/exhibition/project AND hotel package details must be submitted to Visit Winston-Salem at least 90 days prior to event
- Marketing activity of event, including promotion of hotel package(s), must commence at least 60 days prior to event
- Where applicable, the Visit Winston-Salem logo and/or link to visitwinstonsalem.com should be included in you marketing/promotional executions
- Thursday, February 8, 2018: 2018/19 Arts and Events Marketing Workshop Application posted online.
- Thursday, April 12, 2018 at noon: Completed Arts and Events Marketing Funding Applications are due at Visit Winston-Salem Offices.
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 2 p.m.: Forsyth County Tourism Development Authority approves 2018/19 Visit Winston-Salem Budget and Arts and Events Marketing Assistance funding recipients.
Application and Guidelines
For additional information, please contact Marcheta Cole Keefer, Visit Winston-Salem's director of marketing & communications by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 336.728.4211.